The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a role that bridges the gap between a company's technical team and its clients. TAMs typically work in the technology or software industry and are responsible for providing personalized support, guidance, and technical expertise to clients. Their primary goal is to ensure that clients' technical needs are met and that they receive maximum value from the products or services they've purchased.
- Client Relationship Management: TAMs establish and maintain strong relationships with clients. They serve as the main point of contact for technical matters and act as a liaison between clients and the internal technical teams.
- Technical Expertise: TAMs possess in-depth knowledge of the company's products, services, and technologies. They understand the technical aspects of the offerings and can effectively communicate and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Needs Assessment: TAMs work closely with clients to understand their unique technical requirements and business goals. Based on this understanding, they provide recommendations and solutions that align with the client's needs.
- Customization and Integration: Depending on the client's needs, TAMs may assist in customizing and integrating the company's products or services into the client's existing systems and workflows.
- Issue Resolution: When technical issues arise, TAMs provide timely and effective troubleshooting support. They collaborate with internal technical teams to ensure swift issue resolution.
- Proactive Support: TAMs anticipate potential technical challenges and provide proactive guidance to prevent issues from occurring. This can include best practices, optimization strategies, and regular check-ins.
- Training and Education: TAMs educate clients on how to use the products or services effectively. They may provide training sessions, workshops, and documentation to ensure clients are empowered to utilize the offerings to their fullest potential.
- Account Growth and Expansion: TAMs identify opportunities for upselling or cross-selling additional products or services that align with the client's evolving needs.
- Performance Tracking: TAMs monitor the performance of the products or services for each client and provide regular reports on usage, trends, and outcomes.
- Collaboration: TAMs collaborate with various internal teams, such as sales, product development, and support, to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Experience with Netsuite / QuickBooks or other ERP systems, knowledge of accounting is a big plus.
- Ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical issues, post investigation
- Ability to manage high ticket volumes with proven ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- This is a hybrid position and requires you to be in office Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Experience in working with Zendesk, Salesforce, JIRA etc.
- Experience with Payments / Fintech
- Experience in an enterprise software or SAAS company
- Ability to read database tables using SQL queries
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti offers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.