We're hiring an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing team of analytics experts to help & lead the build-out of our data science platform.
Joining the data organization means being among great and sharp minds who are also extreme data geeks working on creating data democratization around Tipalti using state of an art tech stack, enjoying great partners to do so while generating value via the data platform...
The ideal candidate is a problem solver and a builder who enjoys optimizing ML solutions and building them from the ground up.
The right candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s ML architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Own, maintain, and evolve the company's production ML models.
- Develop production-level, scalable, machine-learning pipelines and models to serve the product (customer-facing).
- Collaborates with analytics, business teams, and data engineering and brings a proactive approach to handle anomalies and abnormal behavior within our DWH.
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop a long-term data science platform architecture strategy.
- Use your background in time series, predictive modeling, advanced statistical analysis, and machine learning practices and techniques to build new features/products.
- Experience in taking part in data product development from initial exploration, technical design, implementation, and to production deployment and maintenance.
- +3 years of proven industry experience as a data scientist in a product company.
- +3 years of experience in Python (production-grade coding).
- Early-stage start-ups\ Fintech company experience.
- Working with LLM and generative models (either built, trained, or pre-trained usage) - advantage
- Proven experience in developing and delivering end-to-end ML models, from data cleaning, feature engineering, algorithm development, and implementation in production
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, while functioning as a technical owner and a “sole contributor”
- Ability to plan, set expectations, define goals, and meet commitments.
- Experience working with cloud environments (AWS preferred) and big data technologies (EMR, Snowflake, Spark, Airflow, Data Lake, Feature Store), Sagemaker - advantage
- Experience with NLP - advantage
Masters in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent) - advantage
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti offers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.