QA director responsibilities
- You will have top-down responsibility for SW Quality assurance in Tipalti.
- You will help optimize our current work processes and improve them as well as introduce new ones where needed to ensure we improve over time, leading a quality-first mindset and promoting testing culture.
- You will lead hiring processes for your relevant teams as well as QA tech leads.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the training needed for new QA Engineers.
- You will lead cross-group testing projects, applying production-first thinking.
- You will help design the roadmap for the QA automation infrastructure team and the performance testing team.
- You will lead a guild of more than 50 QA engineers company wide, help with their professional growth and encourage self collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA manager/director managing multiple teams - must
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- 2+ years hands-on automation experience - must
- Hands on performance testing experience - big advantage.
- Good understanding of web development basics (HTML, CSS, JS, HTTP)
- BSc in computer sciences or equivalent - an advantage
- Experience with source control systems, preferably Git - an advantage
- Experience with a relational database - an advantage
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Good oral and written communication skills in English
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti offers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.