About the job
Under the direction of the Office of the CEO, the strategic initiatives manager is a thought partner to assigned C-Level executive leaders and corresponding department leaders and managers. Conducts business analyses, identifies opportunities for optimizing outcomes, and partners with department leaders, managers and team members in establishing priorities, developing project plans, determining expected outcomes, and measuring results.
What you’ll do
- Under the direction of the Office of the CEO, and in partnership with assigned division and department executives and leaders, the strategic initiatives manager will:
- Assess business operations, processes and outcomes
- Provide insights on operational risks, identify opportunities for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes, and maximizing customer experience
- Develop, gain buy-in and lead project plans that address process gaps and opportunities, including identifying workstreams, roles and responsibilities, timelines, expectations, metrics and measurements
- Identify, evaluate and provide insights on systems and tools for increased automation and accuracy
- Analyze KPI results for assigned divisions and departments, and provide insights to the Office of the CEO and executive leadership
What you’ll need
- What you’ve learned
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, finance, software engineering, or a related area, or equivalent.
Master’s Degree helpful
Your background includes:
5+ years of related business consulting experience, preferably with a Tier 1 consulting house
Experience with collaborating on gap analyses and change management initiatives
Your skills include:
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to build collaborative partnerships with individuals at all levels of the organization
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, evaluate and recommend process improvements and technology solutions
Solid understanding of general business operations, continuous improvement concepts, product lifecycle, customer/user experience, SaaS
Strong spreadsheet and presentation skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets, including data analytics tools, Pivot Tables, vLookup, formulas, Macros, Power Queries, and related functionalities.
Good organizational skills
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
Familiarity with project planning and project management principles preferred, including a basic understanding of: Establishing scope, timelines and deliverables; cost-benefit analyses, risk assessment, budgeting, resource allocation, contingency planning, communication, reporting, and project management technologies
Unique aspects of this role
- Little or no overnight travel anticipated (anticipated to be 5% or less).
- Normal workweek business hours within geographic location and time zone.
- Will require flexibility to coordinate schedules across time zones with internal teams and external customers and contacts.
- Physical aspects:
- Position is located onsite/in-office three days per week.
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing at workstation.
- Prolonged computer and/or telephone usage.
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and other sounds.
- Visual acuity at close ranges.
**Please note, this is a hybrid position and would require you to be in our Foster City Office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Compensation Range: USD $155,000 - $180,000
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti offers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.