About The Position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitability scale both their online and brick-and-mortar business with a high density, high-throughput automated fulfillment platform. With its proprietary software-driven robotics, Fabric is developing a micro-fulfillment solution that enables businesses to increase their fulfillment capacity and overcome labor scarcity, guarantee accuracy, and meet growing consumer demand. Whether it’s for e-commerce fulfillment in a distribution center, back-of-store fulfillment, or B2B replenishment, Fabric enables brands to control costs while delivering an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $338 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek.
We are looking for a technology leader with multidisciplinary technological skills across engineering, infrastructure, and methodologies to join our engineering team in Tel Aviv.
As a DevOps engineer, you will design and implement solutions for the both HW and SW components, fleet management solutions, CI & CD pipelines, Data pipelines and observability for business-critical components. You will write code, leverage managed solutions, open-source tools, and industry best practices to ensure that our platform is highly available to serve our sites.
Fabric has a team of brilliant and talented engineers, algorithms developers, data scientists, and researchers, all dedicated to building a robust, highly scalable robotic fulfillment solution.
We're responsible for everything from orchestrating the robots' movement to handling orders and managing stock across multiple fulfillment centers. We solve challenging problems through collaboration across different roles and paradigms using cutting edge technology. We have a diverse tech stack, with a backend organized in a microservices architecture that helps keep it flexible. We're investing in a DevOps culture, which means end-to-end ownership from supporting the feature design to monitoring the production deployment.
As our business grows, the team is developing fast as well, opening new opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
What you'll do:
- Coach different engineering teams in how to build CI/CD, tests infra layers, security, networking etc.
- Build and implement solutions that will help Fabric to sell it’s product as a platform
- Provide solutions for observability on our production deployment (including monitoring, logging) to other engineers, professional services, and operations in the sites.
- Ensure a highly reliable system across on-prem and cloud deployments.
- Support engineering teams performing development on IoT hardware components.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of engineering or DevOps experience using cloud and on-prem Linux based systems (DevOps / SRE experience is a huge advantage) +Experience with Docker and with running containers in production environments
- Experience with modern (containerized) CI/CD solutions
- Experience with Python is an advantage.
- Experience with IoT is an advantage.
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in a diverse cross-functional team
The perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is thrilled when they solve complex infrastructure and architecture problems.
- Enjoys working with other team members and colleagues to solve infrastructure problems, build deployment pipelines, and stream data to the cloud.
- Is driven by the desire to make a big impact.
- Enjoys an enabling role, supporting the team’s velocity and practices.